Hey dolls! This is the last installment of the favorites list for 2012. I started to branch out and try a few more nail art techniques this year and I’m pretty pleased with my growth. I don’t claim to be great at nail art at all. I like to keep it pretty simplistic and chic. I love to see the complex looks on others, but less is typically more when it comes to nail art in my book. Here are my favorites in no particular order.
1. Essie Your Hut or Mine - Color blocking was one of the biggest trends in fashion this year and I love it as well on nails. The color blocking combo I came up with just screams spring!
3. Zoya Pink Polka Dots – Polka dots are my tried and true form of nail art. You can never go wrong with them. Especially when they are all pink.
4. China Glaze Neon Lasers – *singing* Summer, summer summertime! I fell hard for striping tape this year. It’s super easy and the designs and color combinations are endless. All right up my alley.
5. 4th of July Framed Dots – Once again, dots for the win. This was a festive look that wasn’t overly literally.
6. Jelly Sandwich for Luv My Lacquer – Jelly sandwiches were also extremely big this year. I love coming up with my own combinations of jellies and glitters for new looks. This one was my favorite!
7. Polish Days Geometric Stamping – Finally, somewhat successful stamping! I was really proud of the way this turned out and I love the colors together.
8. BornPretty Studs – I tried to put together some special looks for breast cancer awareness this year, and this was a hit! So chic and sophisticated. I can’t wait to get more studs.
9. China Glaze Immortal Gradient – This has to be one of my most favorite glitter combinations of the year. I love how simple and gorgeous gradients are.
10. Pretty & Polished You Are Beautiful – Another one of my BCA favorites. I adore the subtle stamping accent in this look.
11. Stripes for Luxe Beauty – This color combination! I must say I was pretty impressed with this one. No other words needed.
12. Saran Wrap – I waited until almost the end of the year to venture into trying a saran wrap mani. I don’t know what I was waiting for because this look is easy, but gorgeous!
There you have it! As I mentioned before, I do not claim to be great at nail art. I keep it simple at all times. I wonder what’s in store for me in terms of nail art next year?!?
Which one of these looks is your favorite?